Today I’m linking up to Paper Fury’s Beautiful People meme.
I’m going to direct these questions at two different characters- my MC, Nick, who I feel like I KNOW NOTHING ABOUT*. And my secondary character Penelope, who I think I know slightly better than Nick.
*The thing is I can tell you more facts about Penelope whereas I know Nick’s emotional state better than hers.
The truth is I don’t know what I’m doing but I’m writing anyway.
- What’s their favourite book/movie/play/etc.? Nick likes reading comics. He doesn’t have strong opinions about his favorite movies or anything- he’s not a fanboy. Penelope LOVES books and movies and all that. Her favorite books are probably historical fictions (*shudder* historical fiction is nooooot my thing). Her favorite movie is probably something like Titanic. She would cry. Nick would not.
- Is there anything they regret doing? Nick regrets getting his tattoo, because he was so young when his cousin convinced him to get it. He’s not self-conscious about it, though, and shrugs it off. Penelope regrets things like not telling her family she loved them, not doing her best, not following orders. In regards to regret she’s basically me if I wasn’t so complacent.
- If they were sick or wounded, who would take care of them and how? Penelope would take care of everyone and everything. She would be really caring and compassionate about it to. If Nick was taking care of her, he’d be kind of removed and awkward, a little scared of having that responsibility.
- Is there an object they can’t bear to part with and why? Penelope hates being away from her books. As previously stated, she loves them. Nick doesn’t really let himself get attached to things too much, because they normally end up getting taken away from him.
- What are 5 ways to win their heart (or friendship)? Penelope would love you forever if you gave her food or books, if you listened to her, if you told her she was special. Nick is won over by trust and loyalty and honesty. If you just stay there and don’t lie to him, you’ll have his lifelong friendship.
- Describe a typical outfit for them from top to bottom. Nick: doesn’t even brush his hair. T-shirt. Jeans. Tennis shoes. Maybe a hoodie. If it’s anything but simple he won’t wear it. Penelope wears simple clothes too, but she likes to be cute. Peacoats, boots, braided hair. Typically she’ll wear leggings and socks and a comfy jacket.
- What’s their favorite type of weather? Penelope appreciates every kind of weather, but not for long periods of time. She loves the snow, then the sun, and everything in between. Her favorite, though, is autumn. Nick likes summertime because summer means no school.
- What’s the worst fight they’ve ever been in? Penelope fought with her sister a few years ago- the first serious fight she ever remembers having. They didn’t hardly speak to each other for a few days, then they had to reconcile or they would have gone crazy. Nick fought with his parents several times over different things- staying out late, going places with his cousin, his grades.
- What names or nicknames have they been called throughout their life? Penelope is often called Pen. Nick’s full name is Nicson, but he’s always gone by Nick. He detests being called Nicky.
- What makes their heart feel alive? For Penelope, music. That and affirmation. Nick always feels alive when he masters a new skill.
I love this link-up because it forces me to discover new things about my characters and dive into their given attributes. I get to familiarize myself with my own people.
Go to Paper Fury’s blog and check out the other link-ups!