Valentine’s Day is upon us, and all of sudden Singleness becomes an evident plague. All our friends are getting chocolate hearts and flowers and underneath our happy-for-you smiles are twinges of loneliness and annoyance.
But if you’re anything like me and shudder at the idea of a relationship because you’re as single as a pringle (and loving it), you’re more sad at the idea of not getting any chocolate than at the idea of not getting any affection from a significant other. So let’s take a look at all the reasons you should not only appreciate but LOVE your singleness.
- You can wear sweatpants all day and don’t have to improve your salty mood for anyone. No Significant Other, no problem.
- You can go to the store the day after and get all the chocolate half-price. Who’s the real winner here?
- You don’t have to pour out your soul or your wallet trying to find the perfect Valentine’s gift for your Significant Other. More cash for chocolate + travel + books.
- You can stay home with your cat and watch movies.
- You don’t have to worry about being an Annoying Couple (which, let’s face it, 90% of couples are annnnooooyyyyyiinggg)
- You don’t have to impress anyone (except maybe your cat)
- You can stay focused on the more important things, like
- You can listen to every empowerment song on Full Blast and sing at the top of your lungs and No One Can Stop You. #ThatsMyGirl
- You don’t have to put up with annoying boys (let’s face it, all boys are at least 40% annoying). Unless you are a boy. Then I have no words for you.
- YOU CAN GO TO THE STORE THE DAY AFTER AND BUY ALL THE CHOCOLATE HALF-PRICE. CHOCOLATE SALES ARE THE REAL HOLIDAY.
Don’t worry, Singles. You only have to wait one more day before the REAL holiday begins.