I’m linking up to Beautiful People through Paper Fury’s blog today and we’re talking ALL ABOUT OTPS.
First I have to admit something.
I hate love triangles. But somehow, a triangular-ish shaped relationship slipped into my book. But it’s not really a TRIANGLE. It’s a line with three points of interest. It’s like this: MC and Other Character have a thing for each other. OTP happens.
Then Other Character creates problems. Eats all the cake. Stops having a thing for MC.
Author Me looks into the distant future and says “Ah, yes. I shall set another ship to sail on the seas of fiction in a few hundred years. My book babies will be so happy.”
SO TODAY WE’RE GOING TO FOCUS ON THE ORIGINAL OTP THAT MAY OR MAY NOT HAVE ENDED IN DISASTER.
- How and why did they meet? Honestly how they met is going to change completely when I edit my novel because right now it’s STUPID. Who wrote this crap honestly (quiet you I know it was me). In this first draft they met in math class. #gross.
- What were their first impressions of each other? He thought she was obnoxious/terrifying. She thought he was stupid/cute.
- How would they prove their love for each other? Him, by being there for her and in general being a real nice dude. Her, by using her mental manipulation powers to make him do things for her.
- What would be an ideal date? Him, probably eating food. Her, candles and chocolate and staring into each others eyes (and maybe a little mental manipulation just because #kindofevil)
- Is there something they emphatically disagree on? Yeah. Pretty much everything. But specifically? Tattoos. She hates them.
- List 5 “food quirks” they know about each other. (Ex: how they take their coffee, if they’re allergic to something, etc….and feel free to mention other non-food quirks!) FIVE?!?!?? THEY DON’T KNOW EACH OTHER THAT WELL. As previously mentioned this ship sailed and died in the fifteenth century.
- What’s one thing they know about each other that no one else does? She can read his mind, so, you know. Probably everything. He knows (or knows subconsciously, at least) that she’s actually a broken peanut that needs love but doesn’t know how to not be a manipulative brat (note to self: never give mental manipulation powers to people who struggle with control.)
- What’s one thing that they keep a secret from each other? He doesn’t have secrets. He’s too much of a strudel for that. She doesn’t tell him that she likes someone else now. *sounds of heart breaking*
- How would their lives be different without each other? WELL HE MIGHT HAVE A LESS STRESSFUL EXISTENCE FOR ONE THING. She wouldn’t have ended up with a crack in her facade. She made a mistake getting into a relationship with him- he’s not going to let her drop-kick him to the curb without an explanation. She’s not used to people caring.
- Where do they each see this relationship going? Off a waterfall, probably.
ISN’T IT A LOVELY OTP?!?!?
It was dead before it left the dock, honestly. But they’re my children. So obviously I would torture them and put them through the blender and blow holes in their ship and watch them slowly sink and drown, right??