THANKFUL THURSDAY RETURNS.
Don’t hold your breath. I doubt it’s returning for very long.
“Thursday” is the new “Friday” for me, because of my work schedule. And most of the times, on my mock-Friday, I don’t feel like sitting down and investing my brain cells into a blog post. I feel like wearing sweatpants and looking at Pinterest until the wee hours of the morning.
Okay, so I haven’t actually ever done that. Sweatpants, yes. Pinterest until morning? No. Not until morning, at least.
But I have plenty to be thankful for. Especially since I haven’t written one of these since early June. I have two months to catch up on.
- I’m thankful that my sisters and I have a SISTER DAY planned for next Monday!! We’ve been planning to do it all summer, and everything finally fell into place. Hello, theme park! (Hello, overtired Tuesday workday. Let’s just not think about that.)
- I’m thankful I’ve been able to spend some evenings lately working on my book. Gah, I just love my book. Anyone else feel that way? Like, your book is a part of your soul and you just want to make sure it thrives and lives in happiness forever?
- Recently I’ve been buying Marvel comics. Because the movies have changed me and now I’m a supernerd. (Not really, since I buy issues out of order.) So I’m thankful for comics. Definitely thankful for ED BRUBAKER FOR GIVING US THE WINTER SOLDIER STORYLINE. And the Spider-Woman comics. Gotta love Jessica Drew. (Watch out for a post about my favorite comics coming soon.)
- I’m thankful school starts soon. Even though I hate school, I like school. But I hate it but I love it. Obviously I have mixed emotions.
- Annnd I’m thankful for Michael Giacchino for making beautiful music that must actually make oxygen because I need it to breathe.