I knew the day would come eventually, but I didn’t know it would happen so soon. I’ve fallen into the trap… and become a Star Wars fan. I’ll never be as much of a fan as my uncle who has read all the books and owns all the junk and speaks Jabba the Hutt language. (Not really. Can anyone speak that language? Because it’s awesome. “Han, ma bookie.”)
Here are 10 perfectly valid and beautiful reasons why Star Wars is the best thing ever.
- J.J. Abrams, who happens to be the best director in the world
whether you agree with me or not.J.J. is why we watched The Force Awakens. J.J. is why I’m writing this today.
2. Lightsabers. THEY ARE BEAUTIFUL. And I’m totally convinced that the technology is completely plausible (minus the whole crystal thing).
3. John Williams. Thank you for blessing us with amazingness. In particular Across the Stars (Love Theme), The Scavenger, and the iconic Main Titles that makes everyone in the room jump up and sing along.
4. Droids, or little metal cupcakes.
5. Speaking of sidekicks- Chewie, that lovable fluffball. Not only are you adorable, you also rock a crossbow like a boss.
6. Twi’lek. Love ’em.
7. Han Solo, particularly when he says “You like me because I’m a scoundrel.” I have a soft spot for witty, charming space cowboys.
8. All of Padme’s clothes. They. Are. Amazing.
9. Anakin turning evil. At first he’s just a rebellious whiny teenager. Then he gets rid of the weird ponytail and braid and breaks out the lightsaber moves and I have to remind myself he’s the villain.
It’s so tragic. Obviously. But I always fall for the evil ones- Hans from Frozen, Khan from Into Darkness. It’s a real problem, but one that I will overlook for now so I can continue to fangirl over Revenge of the Sith.
10. And finally, the bestest thing about Star Wars.
This could go on for a while, so I’ll stop here. I’m still not positive what Reylo trash means, but I’m pretty sure it describes me. I felt this way about shipping. “WHAT IS IT?!?! Tell me, O wise Fandom People.”
Love Star Wars I do. Yoda not so much, but I do love Star Wars and figured the inverted style would accurately depict my emotions. I don’t know if anything could actually accurately depict my emotions about anything, but this comprehensive list of reasons for my love is a start.