Here is a visible representation of my work with Hero right now.
Over at Inklings Press I found a fantabulous idea: Statistics.
Therefore, I will refrain from crying about the 30 (thirty?!?!) pages I need to rip out and rewrite, and give you some of the stats. The numbers. The nitty-gritty.
HERO: (First Draft) Stats of Importance
Date This Whole Thing Started: June 24th, 2014
Words: Part One: 27,427. Part Two: Unknown.
Pages: Part One: 123. Part Two: 30 staying, 30 being ripped out.
Last Word I Wrote: Disheartened.
Though the last thing I wrote was ‘disheartened’, I am not disheartened. I’m coming to terms with the fact that 30 pages must go. It still slaps me in the face every once in a while though, which is why none of those pages are actually ripped out yet. I’ve taken a step back from Part 2, to let it breathe, and I’m currently waist-deep in typing up first draft edits for Part 1. It feels good to be getting somewhere, but at the same time, I’m taking some steps back.
Thirty steps back, really. But I’ll keep walking.